#MeetMeOnMainÂ for the return of Second Sunday on Main’s “EcoMAINia” event on August 9, 12-5 PM.
12pm – 5pm
Main Street, Over-The-Rhine, 12th St. to Liberty St.
Each month Main Street comes alive withÂ live music on three stages, over 100 vendors, local craft beers at theÂ Cincinnati Sports Leagues Beer Garden, and interactive fun at the YMCA Kids Square.
- Cincinnati Sports Leagues Beer Garden.Â All tips on August 9Â benefit this month’s beer ambassadors,Â OAR (Ohio AlleyCat Rescue) led by the team at Sloane Boutique
- Keep Cincinnati Beautiful’s MiniÂ One-Stop Drop recycling event
Stop byÂ the KCB Art Studio at 1408 Main to drop off your hard-to-recycle items. KCB will accept:
– Plastic types #1-7 (e.g.Â yogurt containers)
– Used Writing Instruments (Pens, Pencils, Markers, etc.)
– Plastic Bags
– Clean Clothing
– Cell Phones
– CFL Lightbulbs
– Graduation Gowns (part of their”Greener Grads” initiative to collect and redistribute used gowns to schools in need)
- Hands-on activities from Our Harvest Co-operative, including:
- Passport to the Farm: Successfully complete and submit the passport by visiting and finding Our Harvest Cooperative at Main Street businesses and be entered to win a private tour for you and 10 guests of our urban farm in College Hill.
- Farmer’s Tent: Meet Our Harvest Cooperative farmers and learn about the journey from seed to plate through an interactive workshop for kids and adults alike. Those who complete the short workshop will receive a free vegetable transplant for the home garden that will be ready to harvest in the Fall.
- Cooking Demo: In collaboration with Civic Garden Center, learn how to cook a simple 3 ingredient recipe using a locally grown vegetable from the Our Harvest Cooperative farm (fun for the kids!)
- Free activities at the YMCA Kids Square at 13th & MainÂ
Hula hoops, sidewalk chalk, crafts, and more from community partners YMCA, Art Academy of Cincinnati,Â and Peaslee Neighborhood Center
12:00-1:30 Josh EagleÂ -Â Art on the Streets tent, Orchard & Main
12:30-1:00Â Moonbeau,Â Â MOTR Stage, 14th & Main
1:20-2:20 Sabastooge,Â Rock Paper Scissors tent, 13th & Main
1:45 – 3:15 Ritmo with Liz Wu,Â Art on the Streets tent, Orchard & MainÂ
2:00-2:45Â PRIM,Â MOTR Stage, 14th & Main
2:30-3:30 Celebrity Chef Series presented by Findlay Market,Â Mr. Pitifulâ€™s, 1323 Main St.
Live cooking demo and complimentary samplesÂ by one of Cincinnati’s most exciting local chefs. Chef TBA soon.Â Each audience member receives the recipe to follow along. Doors open at 2 PM. No reservation required.
2:40-3:40 Drew JosephÂ Rock Paper Scissors tent, 13th & Main
3:30-5:00 Baoku Moses – Art on the Streets tent, Orchard & MainÂ
African drumming performance and community jam
3:30-4:30 Jennifer Simone,Â MOTR Stage, 14th & Main
4:00-5:00 Michael McIntire,Â Rock Paper Scissors tent, 13th & Main
MAIN STREET SSOM SPECIALS
- The Drinkery (1150 Main): Pop-Up Shop, 12-5 PM
Vinyl Records (Grover & Spam), Clothing, Shoes,Â Art (Hiscraft, Matt Meyung,Â The Screen Door Prints),Â Home Goods (Phoenix Vintage at Riverside Center Antique Mall & Resale Center).Â DJ Spam will be spinning vinyl while everyone shops and drinks. $5 Bloody Marys & Mimosas.
- MOTR’s 4th Annual Freestore Foodbank Fundraiser
1345 Main. MOTR presents MOTR’s 4th Annual Freestore Foodbank Fundraiser, an effort to raise money for the Freestore and further their efforts to stop hunger in the Greater Cincinnati area.According to Feeding Americaâ€™s Map the Meal Gap, 289,940 people living in the 20 counties served by the Freestore Foodbank arenâ€™t sure from where their next meal is coming.Â We’ve expanded collection hours to NOON â€“ 11pm, and are asking for cash /check donations only (no food, and checks made out to Freestore Foodbank). We will then match the total amount up to $1,000.
- Art Beyond BoundariesÂ (1410 Main)Â Face painting, music, and workshop series “ArtSpire” from 2 to 3 pm
- Liberty’s Bar & BottleÂ (1427 Main): SECOND SUNDAY WINE TASTINGS, 12-5.
Wine tasting from 12-5 $15 for a flight of 5.Â Liberty’s Bar and Bottle will feature a wine tasting and education on Biodynamic Wines to go with the green theme.Â We will pour 5 wines from around the world all farmed and produced under the strict Biodynamic Practices.This method of farming was developed and championed by Roudolph Steiner in the early part of the 20th century. It takes organics to the next level, incorporating a oneness with the crop and earth in a near religious fashion. The wines poured will all express a sense of place and unique character that often go hand in hand with Biodynamic farming.