#MeetMeOnMain for the return of Second Sunday on Main’s “Pride” event on July 12.
12pm – 5pm
Main Street, Over-The-Rhine, 12th St. to Liberty St.
- Free activities at the YMCA Kids Square at 13th & Main
Hula hoops, sidewalk chalk, crafts, and more from community partners YMCA and Kind Bars, Art Academy of Cincinnati, WordPlay, and Peaslee Neighborhood Center
- Live music on three stages
- Over 100 vendors
- Cincinnati Sports Leagues Beer Garden. All tips on July 12 benefit this month’s beer ambassadors, Caracole
- The annual Drag Races and Tryke Races! Open registration for last-minute teams opens at 1:30 PM. Early registration is encouraged by contacting Brooklyn Steele-Tate at ContrellM@gmail.com. Water balloon sales benefit Pride 2015.
12:00 Brittany Gillstrap – Art on the Streets tent, Orchard & Main
12:30 Diverse City Youth Chorus – MOTR Stage, 14th & Main
1:20 Cookin Hearts – Rock Paper Scissors tent, 13th & Main
1:30 Cincinnati Men’s Chorus – MOTR Stage, 14th & Main
2:15 Pride Introduction & Missed OTR Drag Queen Contest – MOTR Stage, 14th & Main
Introduction of Hostess, Drag Queen in waiting, and Judges
2:20 Tryke Races – MOTR Stage, 14th & Main
Ladies are encouraged to enter in teams of four. We provide a Big Wheels tricycle, leather vest, sunglasses and leather cap. You provide the $40 entry fee and team of four. Riders will dress in the vest, hat and sunglasses at starting line, peddle/scoot to exchange line and exchange items and return. Once all four team members have completed the task, the race is over.
2:30 Celebrity Chef Series presented by Findlay Market – Mr. Pitiful’s, 1323 Main St.
Live cooking demo and complimentary samples by Louis Snowden (Fresh Table at Findlay Market). Each audience member receives the recipe to follow along. Doors open at 2 PM. No reservation required.
2:40 Jazz for Kids – Rock Paper Scissors tent, 13th & Main
3:00 Young Professional Chorus Collective – MOTR Stage, 14th & Main
3:30 Annual Drag Races – MOTR Stage, 14th & Main
A race for hunks in heels! From the starting line, the first member from a team of 4 gets dressed in a dress (slip over the head style), wig, handbag and step-in heels (no slip on’s, must be 2″ high), then runs one block to the exchange line, where he passes off the same items to the next team member who runs back down the course. The race is complete once all four team members have completed course. Teams are to supply their own items and must be approved by our Drag Queens in waiting prior to race. If in doubt, please bring back up items.
3:30 Serenity Fisher – Art on the Streets tent, Orchard & Main
4:00 Freeze Kitten – MOTR Stage, 14th & Main
The Lovers – Rock Paper Scissors tent, 13th & Main
MAIN STREET SPECIALS
- The Drinkery (1150 Main): Pop-Up Shop, 12-5 PM
Vinyl Records (Grover & Spam), Clothing, Shoes, Art (Hiscraft, Matt Meyung, The Screen Door Prints), Home Goods (Phoenix Vintage at Riverside Center Antique Mall & Resale Center). DJ Spam will be spinning vinyl while everyone shops and drinks. $5 Bloody Marys & Mimosas.
- Famous Neons Unplugged (1208 E. 12th St): Open at noon for brunch on the patio
- Rock Paper Scissors (1301 Main St.): 25% off everything on the sales table
- Original Thought Required (1307 Main): 15% off purchases during SSOM
- Art Beyond Boundaries (1410 Main) Face painting, music, and workshop series “ArtSpire” from 2 to 3 pm
- Liberty’s Bar & Bottle (1427 Main): SECOND SUNDAY WINE TASTINGS, 12-6.
All wines available for retail purchase. 10% case discounts are available as always. $5 Mimosas and no corkage on bottles of Sparkling, free Holtman’s Donuts while supplies last, Reds game on TV and more to come.