Fall is a beautiful time in Over-the-Rhine. The breeze cools, the surrounding hills are blanketed with magnificent reds, yellows and oranges, people dig out their sleeves and long pants, and Octoberâ€™s installment of Second Sunday on Main gives us all one more chance to come together as a neighborhood before the White Death of Winter beckons a dreary freeze that halts fun as we know it.
And so, weâ€™re in the mood for a carnival. A Fall Carnival, complete with everything youâ€™d want on Main Street in the fall. That means itâ€™s time to come pick out your pumpkins from the Adopt-A-Plant Garden Center Pumpkin Market, grab your ghoulish threads at the Costume Swap, sport your best costume get-up for the Little Creatures Costume Parade at 3pm and take in all the seasonal goodness that merchants and vendors are serving up for your purchasing pleasure (trick-or-treating? Anyone??).
At the Rock-Paper-Scissors tent, we have Joey Cook bringing indie pop tunes at noon, followed by Elia Goatâ€™s folk music before taking a trip down the jazz lane with Oz Landenberg.
While youâ€™re painting the street with Pam Kravetz, visit the Art on the Streets tent for Jack Burton Overdrive at noon. If you dig the hoops, stick around to get your hoop on with Terri Burch and Hooproots from 1:45pm to 3:15pm, and round out the day by catching Jon Evans of We Are Snapdragon from 3:30pm to 5pm.
The Cincinnati Sports Leagues Beer Garden returns with Rivertown Pumpkin Ale, Bluegrass Bourbon Barrel Ale, and Crispin Cider, with tips benefitting the Adore-A-Bull Rescue. We encourage you to grab a beer, and stroll the street hunting for these specials from our merchants and vendors. Cheers!
Merchants on Main Specials:
- Higher Branches: fall-themed crafts for kids
- The Drinkery: Kyle Knapp (The Turkeys, Â Skywriters, & Future Strikes) playing from 3-5 and we’ll be open 1-6 for Second Sunday.
- You Do Yoga: Acro Yoga 1-3pm
- Hoop & Needle: Celebrate the last SSOM of the season with 20% off store-wide today only!
- Park + Vine: Â We’re planning an animal adoption with a local nonprofit and, of course, there are PUMPKINS!!!!!!!
- LIBBY: 30% off sale on select jewelry and clothing, tarot card readings by Patricia Garry
- Richard Butz Gallery: Current exhibit: “Oil Paintings by Cody Gunningham” up through October 26. Â Artist talk by Cody will be at the Gallery on Second Sunday to talk about his paintings. Also paintings by Dan Becker, James Sivitz, and Richard Butz; sculpture by Kyle Penunuri; pottery by Alex Reed; and miscellaneous home accessories.
- A Seamless Transition: Will be passing out candy as well as offering a store wide 20% discount to all who are dressed carnival/Halloween/spirited ((this will include any one who comes In with a kiddo in theme as well))
- Rock Paper Scissors: We’ll have a ‘fall is the season for crafting’ Sale- all cold-weather-crafty things like wool, yarns, and kids’ art and craft supplies
- Park + Vine Second Sunday on Main Hopwater Tasting: Join the Hopwater team 1 to 4 p.m. and be among the first to sample all four Hopwater flavors: Lime, Ginger, Grapefruit, and original Hop Tonic. Let Brandon Dawson and Tony Moore know what you think, sign up for their mailing list, and get hopped up for their official launch in early 2015.
- Finding Your Homeâ€™s Ancestors Book Signing: Meet author Ann Senefeld of Digging Cincinnati History for a book signing of Finding Your Homeâ€™s Ancestors 2-5 p.m. Are you curious about the history of your home? Would you like to find out who lived there before you and what they did? Learn what resources are available to find your homeâ€™s ancestors and create its very own family tree.
- Stitches and Wicks will offer candles in a variety of fall scents, including pumpkin pie, pumpkin soufflÃ©, pomegranate cider, apple harvest, and spice market to name a few! They will also will have a variety of new scarves, cowls, and ear warmers just in time for the fall season. Mention the promo code: Boo to receive 10% off any purchase!
- Brown Bear Bakery: All sorts of fall treats at the Brown Bear Bakery booth. Caramel Apples, Pumpkin, Chai Spice, and Starry Night Macarons, and Black Cat Cookies to name a few.
- Hot Henna will have henna-ed pumpkins
- Out of the Drawer Quilts is celebrating Breast Cancer Awareness Month by offering 20% off any pink ribbon bag purchased.
- Bundle Up Crochet: In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Bundle Up Crochet will be selling a special pink winter crocheted headband (with optional add-on flower) and donating half of the proceeds for each sale to the Pink Ribbon Girls.
- A “Mother’s Touch” Cakes is offering “Fall Mini Samplers,” a delicious assortment of Fall Gourmet cupcakes for only $10 (save $4) featuring Caramel Apple, Perfectly Pumpkin, Zipporah Chai Tea, Vanilla bean and Chocolate Ganache!