This month’s SSOM celebrates all things pride with “Pride on Main.” Watch dudes in high heels bolt down Main at the Drag Races or watch leather-clad ladies scoot their way to the finish line at the Tryke Races.
Pride on Main is presented by Below Zero Lounge. All proceeds from the Drag Races and Tryke Races benefit Pride 2015. Tips from the Cincinnati Sports Leagues Beer Garden will be donated to Caracole, our beer ambassadors in July.
SSOM runs 12-5 PM in historic Over-The-Rhine and is always free and open to the public.
Take a look at what you can expect this Sunday (and join our official Facebook event for updates).
12:30 PM Old Green Eyes (jazz duo) – MOTR Stage
1:45 PM Missed OTR Drag Queen Contest – MOTR Stage
Watch contestants perform a song and dance number. The audience favorite will be crowned the next “Missed OTR.” Contestants must register by July 11.
2:00 PM Tryke Races – MOTR Stage
A Big Wheels tricycle, vest, hat and sunglasses provided. Teams of four ladies compete. $40 entry fee per team.
2:45 PM Cincinnati Men’s Chorus – MOTR Stage
3:00 PM Annual Drag Races – MOTR Stage
Teams provide their own wigs, slip-on dresses, handbag and heels (no slip-ons, must be at least 2” high); teams of four compete; $40 entry fee per team. Open registration for last-minute teams opens at 1:30 PM.
* Early registration for the races and Missed OTR pageant is encouraged. Contact Brooklyn Steele-Tate at CotrellM@gmail.com to register.
4:00 PM Hugh Bob and The Hustle (country) – MOTR Stage
● Art on the Streets’ ArtWalks community crosswalk painting project at Melindy & Main (moved from Liberty & Main)
● Cincinnati Sports Leagues Beer Garden featuring Rivertown Brewing
● Music and street performers at the Art on the Streets tent (near Orchard & Main) and Rock Paper Scissors tent (near 13th & Main)
● Celebrity Chef Demo at Mr. Pitiful’s. Demo by Proprietor/Chef Jose Salazar of Salazar; Cocktails by bartenders Andrew Rettig and Steven Clement. Doors open at 2 PM. Chef demos start at 2:30 PM. FREE – no reservation required; first-come, first-seated.
Art on the Streets performance tent (near Orchard & Main Street)
12:00-1:30 PM Allison Bishop and Mark Campbell (of the Archers) (Folk Pop Duo playing acoustic covers and quirky originals)
1:45-3:15 PM Terri Burch and Hoop Roots, Inc. (hula hoopers – come watch the pros and join in a hooping party)
3:30-5:00 PM Ben Hershorin (acoustic indie and blues riffs)
Rock Paper Scissors performance tent (near 13th & Main Street)
12:00-12:45 PM Jari Piper (neo-classical cello)
1:00-1:45 PM Equator Bear (jazz folk)
2:00-2:45 PM Elia Goat (nomadic folk)
3:00-3:45 PM Moriah Haven Lawson (bluegrass / soul)
4:00-5:00 PM Nancy Paraskevopoulos (raw folk)
- Browse Main Street’s shops, galleries, and restaurants (check out our roundup of this month’s SSOM specials!)
- Grab lunch from the Main Street restaurants and cafes, food trucks, and vendors
- Enjoy a cold Rivertown beer or Miller Lite from the Cincinnati Sports Leagues Beer Garden
- Relax with some live music and street performers at the Art on the Streets tent and Rock Paper Scissors tent
- Peruse art, sweet treats, vintage housewares, handmade soaps, antiques, and more from over 100 local vendors
- Pick up some fine art and handmade goods created by current Art Academy students at the AAC mARTket
Thanks to our sponsors for all their support! We couldn’t be here without Rosemary and Mark Schlachter, Cincinnati Sports Leagues, 3CDC, Main Street OTR, MOTR Pub, Over-The-Rhine Chamber of Commerce, Urban Sites, Yelp, UrbanCincy.com, WVXU, Below Zero Lounge, Enjoy The Arts, Pallet23, Art Academy of Cincinnati and Lightborne.