Can you sing, dance, play a musical instrument, juggle, perform a skit, do magic tricks, or some other talent? Here’s a chance for you to show what you can do: Sign up for the Second Sunday Neighborhood Block Party Talent Show!
The competition will take place at 3pm during the August 8th event, right at the corner of Main Street and Woodward (in front of the DJ booth). You may bring your own music (mp3 format preferred, CDs may be accommodated) as well as any additional props needed for your act.
Cash prizes will be awarded to the participant(s) with the most vocal audience approval–so tell all of your friends to come and cheer you on!
To sign up, simply fill out the registration form:
Talent Show Rules
- Participation is open to those age 16 and up. Participants under age 16 will need parental consent.
- Each act is limited to a maximum performance time of 3 minutes for Solo Acts and 5 minutes for Group Acts. Performances are also restricted to a total of 3 minutes for set up and breakdown time combined.
- Each Group Act must identify a main contact for the group. This person will be responsible for coordinating with and responding to the Talent Show Committee.
- Second Sunday in OTR will provide a standard sound system. You must provide any additional instruments, props, audiovisual support, etc. that will be used during your performance.
- All contestants must arrive and be ready to perform at 2:45pm on Sunday August 8th, 2010.
- All performances must be in good taste. The Talent Show Organizing Committee has final decision to decline applications deemed inappropriate.