Join us Sunday, June 8th for our 9th season of Second Sunday on Main (SSOM) in Over-The-Rhine. From noon to 5 PM Main Street from 13th Street to Liberty Street will be full of people, musicians, over 100 local vendors and food trucks, performers, and more for “Main Street Block Party.”
As always, SSOM is FREE and open to the public. Check out all the activities Second Sunday has to offer this month!
12:30 PM The Hot Magnolias (New Orleans-style funk) – MOTR Stage
2:00 PM Sneak Peek: Opera in the Park (CANCELED) - MOTR Stage
2:30 PM: Celebrity Chef Demo - Mr. Pitiful’s
Chef Joel Molloy and Cainen Edwards of Nicola’s; wine pairing by Assistant General Manager Dominic Pietoso. Doors open at 2 PM. FREE; No reservation required; seating is first-come, first-seated.
3:00 Dog Days Contest and Parade – MOTR Stage
Bring your dog and meet in front of the MOTR Stage at 3pm! Prizes will be awarded for Best Trick, Cutest Dog, and Owner & Dog Look-A-Like. Thanks to our judges So Much PETential, Save The Animals Foundation,SPCA Cincinnati, and VITAS Paw Pals, and our MC Jim Nolan of 91.7 WVXU Cincinnati!
And a huge thank you to the vendors who donated prizes to the contest. Dottie Dog is offering THREE prizes – a 10-pack of dog pattern notecards, an archival print of the illustration “Home is Where The Dog Is” and a $35 gift certificate. Meanwhile Shrewdness of Apes is giving away a 4×6 dog watercolor painting.
3:30 PM Good Graeff (indie pop from Sarasota, FL) – MOTR Stage
- Food, and lots of it. Check out our round up of all the great food and drinks at Second Sunday this month!
- Sales and Specials from our Main Street shops! Collective Espresso (207 Woodward) will open the courtyard for Second Sunday. DJ Sabastooge will be spinning vinyl slow jams, calypso, jazz, motown and soul. Libby (1420 Main) will be offering 20%, 40%, and 60% off. Park + Vine (1202 Main) is bringing back their “Cloth Diapering Cuteness” workshop at 1. Art Beyond Boundaries (1410 Main) is hosting their Artspire artist talk and workshop with urban landscape photographer Larry Pytlinski at 2 PM.
- Woodward Street Dog Area – SPCA Cincinnati Cincinnati Pit Crew, and Adore-A-Bull Rescue will have dogs available for adoption. Learn how to get involved with Save The Animals Foundation and VITAS Paw Pals!
- Clothes Swap – Swap the clothes you don’t want for clothes you do.All ages / gender encouraged to participate!Bring any clean, still wearable clothes and take what you like home with you. FREE!
- Community Yard Sale – Proceeds benefit Main Street area projects. Drop off pre-priced clothing and household items at the corner of Orchard & Main 10:30 AM-12 PM. Contact: Britt Born email@example.com
- ArtWalks Idea Booth (1:30-5:00 PM) – Share your ideas for ArtWalks, a crosswalk street painting project at Second Sunday on Main from July through October. Art supplies will be available to create something on the spot to inspire the design. Produced by Art on the Streets and Pam Kravetz.
- Following the Dog Days parade, join Higher Branches for a Dog Training Workshop, “How to Get Your Dogs to Listen” by Lisa Desatnik of So Much Petential.
- Cincinnati Sports Leagues Beer Garden with Blank Slate and Miller Lite on tap and support from this month’s beer ambassadors, 85 Broads.
- Music and street performers at the Art on the Streets tent (near Liberty & Main) and Rock Paper Scissors tent (near 13th & Main) from 12-5 PM.
Art on the Streets performance tent (near Liberty & Main Street)
12:00-1:30 PM Serenity Fisher + Michael G. Ronstadt
1:45-3:15 PM Terri Burch and Hoop Roots, Inc.
3:30-5:00 PM Jack Burton Overdrive
Rock Paper Scissors performance tent (near 13th & Main Street)
12 – 12:45 Whitfield Crocker (indie folk)
1 – 1:45 Butler Tech School of the Arts ensemble (arts high school band)
2 – 2:45 Josh Eagle (folk / Americana)
3 – 3:45 Mark Utley (country / Americana)
4 – 5 The Ranglinaires (reggae / rocksteady)
Sound like fun? Tell us on Facebook that you’ll be there! https://www.facebook.com/events/640316052710576/?source=1